Breakfast Egg "Muffins"

I think this recipe was passed along from my mom's friend, but I've modified it. Because, well, I don't do recipes. I just cook. Therefore, I don't measure; I guess, I eyeball it, I add and taste and add some more.

The original calls for cooked breakfast sausage. However, I find that too fattening, so I use Al Freso All Natural Chicken Breakfast sausage. The nice thing about this sausage is that it's already cooked, so it takes less time to put this together. I also add in whatever vegetables I have handy.

3 sausage links, chopped into bite-sized pieces
(or bacon, or no meat, whichever)
1/2 of a medium green pepper, dicedjust under 1/4 cup onion, diced



Then, I added 12 eggs
1 cup milk
about 1 cup shredded cheese


Mix all together. Spoon into greased muffin pan. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. This makes roughly 20 'muffins'.



I put a few in the fridge, and freeze the rest. You can take them out one at a time and microwave them for 30 seconds and they're good to go. Or split them in half in between an English muffin for a breakfast sandwich. I just like that they're always ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look great! By the way, I meant to comment about the daycare. You're much better of at the new place! It's definitely worth paying a bit extra for the peace of mind. Hope the transition goes well!

Rosie : ) said...

That looks way to yummy! I will have to try that for the kids. :)

thank you for the idea!