S-T-R-E-S-S

I just have to say this has been one of the most stressful, wearing, strenuous weeks. And I am only writing this on Wednesday. I feel horrible my former client passed away, my "childhood" puppy dog has moved on as well, and even though I am not supposed to talk about it-there's a lot of "stuff" going on at work. It's, for lack of a better word, crap. The same stuff that goes around and around. The same stuff that forces us to have to talk to Human Resources, makes us upset, gets us in trouble, makes us cry, makes us stress, makes us want to leave our jobs. I am just debating exactly how worth it this place really is. I like my job, the clients and providers, the children, the variety it provides. But, my emotional, mental and physical health is just not worth the stress it creates. And it's the agency I work for, not even the job. I can handle the job usually.

I guess I just needed to release a little tension. This is what the treadmill is for. I would love to be able to jog or walk outside, but since it gets dark at 5:20, I can't. I drove home with the windows completely down (because it was 70!!!) with the music up as loud as it could go, just feeling the breeze, drowning out the things in my head, sometimes singing at the top of my lungs to just get rid of some excess tension. It was great. I really just wanted to keep driving for awhile. But, I had 2 hungry boys waiting at home for me, so I stuck to my route and made it home somewhat sane.

I wish I had some cushion and could figure out a way to start my own business doing something more fun and creative. But, unless i come up with an awesome plan on how to make that happen, it probably won't. I'll just take my 4 EI girlies and we'll start our own company. Anyone got some good ideas, or want to hire me for anything?

Here's praying for a sweeter end to my week!

No comments: