A new recipe

I whipped this up tonight after a long, busy weekend of camping, laundry, unpacking, you know the drill. So, in lieu of my Saturday Morning Posts and my camping pictures, which are yet to be uploaded, I give you this:

It doesn't have a name. If it did I'd call it Delicious Chicken & Spinach w/beans...or something.

1 pkg wheat wide noodles
1 can cannelini beans
1/2 pkg frozen spinach leaves
3 chicken breasts
Olive oil
2 garlic cloves-crushed
pinch of salt

I used my awesome stainless steel skillet (with high sides too!)
Cut up chicken breast, cook in skillet with olive oil, add in garlic after 5 mins. I did add a bit of water while chicken cooked also. Throw in a pinch of salt.
Boil water and cook noodles while chicken is cooking.
Add frozen spinach, when that is about cooked, add in beans, (half drained) and cook until warm through.
I did need to add a bit more olive oil, and then added the noodles into the chicken/spinach/beans, and topped it all off with a bit of Parmesan cheese.

I also threw in some artichoke hearts halfway through the meal because I remembered I had them.

Kevin liked it and Kian loved it! And it made enough for 2 meals for the 3 of us. Score.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good, I will have to try it!