My pancake "recipe"

Most people that know me, know that me and recipes don't go together. I rarely follow a recipe and if I do, it's never to a T. I'll read it a few times to familiarize myself with some things and then go jump in and change it a bit anyways. So, I make my own pancakes. They're not just your white flour fluff pancakes. Oh no, can't be. That's just not "healthy" or hearty enough =)

So...I finally made myself sorta measure what I actually put in the other day. I know most of you will be like, "whaaaat? ew!"

1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat (I use graham flour)
1 cup oats (quick is better, old-fashioned can be used but increases cooking time by a lot!)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2
1 tsp powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp cream tartar

2 tbsp flax oil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs
1 cup almond or rice (or cow) milk
1 cup water

Mix dry ingredients, then mix and add wet ingredients. Then we add strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples/cinnamon, strawberries-rhubarb, mix of berries, bananas & walnuts, whatever mix of fruits that sounds good at the moment. These are hefty. That makes about 2 dozen good sized pancakes. They fill you up pretty good, full of fiber, omega-3, Vitamin E, protein, etc. I think I'd like to try it with grated potatoes and onions, latkes or something and have them for dinner or lunch with some plain yogurt or sour cream. Speaking of, before I would have substituted the 1 cup of almond or rice milk for a cup of yogurt, but we're going slow with the introduction of dairy for Karter.


No comments: