One year

One year ago yesterday we had just walked through the door with this tiny, wrinkly, screaming creature. Today, on his first birthday, he's cute as can be, smiley, happy, kissing, crawling, walking, talking, pointing, whistling (sigh) Toddler! How can that be?

In the first two months of his life, Kian gained 6 lbs 2 oz. Holy moly! And he hasn't slowed down his eating at all...
He started smiling a little over three weeks, and hasn't stopped....


He picked his head up off my chest the second he was born, after they laid him on me, and his determination and motivation to keep moving has only increased by the day. He is now letting go when standing for a few seconds and realizing he likes this 'walking thing'. But has always figured out how to get to things, get things to him, get attention; whatever he needs, he finds a way to do it...
I know I'm biased, but intellectually he just has always seemed so bright, so ahead. He's always thinking, always wanting to do what we 'grownups' are doing. If he is shown how to do something once, he gets it. If he watches us doing it, he'll try it too.
He's just a joy. Pure and simple. He is the happiest baby I've known. At daycare they call him Mr. Smiley because he's always happy and smiling and even though he likes routine, he'll just roll with it. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful baby. I hate leaving him in the morning and always drive a little faster to get him in the afternoons. In one respect I can't wait for him to keep growing up and watching him change and blossom, seeing what he likes, how his personality continues to develop; but at the same time I am sad at how fast it has already gone. I know great things will come...

Happy First Birthday Kian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kian!!!!!!!