Guilty.

No, I am not talking about the 14 year old shooting the cop. I mean me. Guilty of not blogging regularly. Guilty of not blogging anything of interest. Guilty of being lazy lately.

I was actually starting to feel better this past weekend, figured out how to deal with the morning sickness better, and get going quicker in the morning. But, then after my appointment on Monday I started taking an antibiotic for a bladder infection. Oh Lord, have mercy. This drug, it's awful! Two days of this and I can't take it anymore. I have been sicker than I have been in ages. Honestly, I've had to stop myself from throwing up a handful of times. In hindsight maybe it would have been better? Ugh. So, I've decided to stop taking this one (macrobid???) and either they can give me plain old amoxicillin/penicillin or nothing. I can't function like this.

I'm also way behind at work right now. It's not cool. I missed almost a full week in January with Kian, which really put me behind and I'm just trying to catch up and finish January's work. It's bad, really bad. All I want to do is stay home and sleep in. But, that's not an option currently. So, I just have to suck it up, move a little slower in the mornings and force myself to do it. Hopefully this ill-feeling should be moving out of here in the next few weeks.

Of course, Kian is just beginning to get over his illness. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday (more work missed) to make sure this cough that was lasting over 2 weeks (and getting worse) wasn't serious. Turns out he'd had an ear infection-was at the end of it by the time we saw the doctor-along with his cold, cough and lots of drainage. He never lets us know if he has one, he only had a fever one day, doesn't play with his ears or anything, eats fine, etc. But, of course the doctor wanted to just give him an antibiotic to clear everything up. Seems to be helping the cough, it's less intense than it was, no more gagging episodes. But, he was refusing to go to bed last night, wanted a drink, then a snack, then who knows what. He's also getting his canine teeth and probably the antibiotic bothers him a bit. So, we're all in the same boat here. Yuck!

Next week will be better. I guarantee it.

No comments: