Whew!

Thank goodness this week is over. It's been very long. Work just has been very stressful lately. And being hormonal and over-emotional does not help at all. The whole county and state being in charge of our programs really is so much fun. There's constant changes, never-ending flow of paperwork and new forms, not to mention nasty people. I've decided that people are extremely greedy. No one wants to wait for anything, even a day. This is a free program so that means they should get everything they want, right? Hardly. But, that's the way they see it. Forget about the 50 other kids I have on my case who needs services, or that there's few services to go around. Neah, as long as your child gets it, that's okay. And as long as I'm a puppet on a string for the county then everyone is happy.

Suffice it to say, this job is wearing on me. I am in desperate need of a vacation, not just a day off, a nice vacation that takes my mind totally off work. Not sure that's going to really happen though. I'll have to see what my options are come September regarding maternity leave and not working. We all know what my choice would be...

This week provided some decen't weather and was very enjoyable. Then, I woke up to howling winds, cold temps and flying wet snow! What?! I know, this is NY after all. I need to go to Wegmans, but really don't want to leave the house until it calms down out there. I need to get my ingredients for dessert for Sunday. We're having 2 Easter dinners, one tomorrow with Kevin's parents and then one next week with mine.

In other things... Ultrasound is scheduled for April 15th. Which also happens to be tax day, but that's irrelevant. Hopefully baby cooperates and we can tell the gender! Still thinking girl, but we'll see I guess. Kian loves to put stickers on my belly. I don't think he quite gets it about the whole baby thing, but he always says "baby Mommy's belly" and says hi. It will be quite different when baby is out and in the house. Luckily he really likes little babies right now and hopefully it stays that way. I know we're going to have the same name problems as last time. Kevin vetoes everything I say. We've actually only looked at about 3 or 4 since we don't know the gender yet. It will be down to the wire like last time with Kian. So far, I've only gained 7 pounds total, which I am pleased with. With the warmer weather coming up I'll be able to keep active and go for walks. Now, I just need to resist the summertime ice cream-eating cravings! I just want to be more proactive this time and not indulge every whim and craving.

Kian is so much fun lately. You could always see the wheels turning in his head but his vocabulary and language has exploded so much that he can really hold a conversation now. It's nice. Even just in the car he comments about the world around him, with more than just one word, so you really know what he's saying. He likes to tell me about the big, big trucks or the loud trucks, and the colors of the cars that go by. He can tell me who he played with at school and what the other kids did (even if it makes no sense to me). He's using 3-5 word sentences so you finally get it. That one or two word thing was hard to figure out! And sound effects! I've never heard a kid be able to exactly imitate sound effects like he does! He can mimic the ketchup bottle squirting, the cat scratching, the cooking sounds. It's entertaining and quite amazing. I'll try to get the videotape out soon...

I guess I'd better make a plan for forcing myself out in this weather today...

1 comment:

Allisan said...

Good Luck with your u/s on the 15th. Will this be the first one? I want to see some belly pics soon!