ahhhh

After the party craziness, this week has been a bit slower. And I rather like it. Monday I caught Kian's nasty cold and cough and only worked 2 hours. We came home and took a nice long nap. It was greaaaaat! I've had a lot of meetings this week, but it just seems slower around here.

Work is slowing down, not as much meetings or paperwork to do. Home is relaxed, party is over, my baby is now 2. I'm still getting used to saying he's two! The weather is finally cooperating. Today was upper 80's and humid. I was in the office all day and by the time I went to leave it was raining and thundering pretty good, so it cooled off. I didn't actually get to feel the heat and humidity today. I am not sure how I feel about that...good or bad?

That left tonight's weather absolutely perfect. We went to Black Creek park and played on the playground and the boys fished in the pond for awhile. Kian is practicing with his new fishing pole and the rubber fish on the end. We'll leave that there for a bit until he gets the hang of it, instead of slapping the water with it and throwing it in my eyes. Much safer than hooks, I'm sure you'll agree. However, it is a weird orange outside from the clouds and humidity...hmm...

Tomorrow should be a nice easy day at work and then it's free and open weekend to relax and get things done. Kevin's been painting the baby's room and it needs a little touch up, paint the closet, and finish the trim. Not bad. Then we can work on getting it put back together. We may take a trip to the zoo this weekend as well. Then again in July, so we can get a little more use out of it before our membership ends. (These are the things I start putting on my Christmas and birthday list for the kids, so we have things to do!) And maybe Jon will assist us at Home Depot spending more money on trim and baseboard this weekend? He's good at that...

I'm just thankful things are winding down, in some areas anyway, and that I'm feeling a lot less stressed. Ultrasound on July 1st again, excited to see his little face and how he's grown in the last 5 weeks. Fingers crossed I get my favorite tech! Off to sneak a little ice cream and cozy up on the couch with the breeze blowing...

No comments: