Pumpkin pie cheesecake thingy

Oh I'm so creative aren't I, with my titles? I have been craving pumpkin. Kian and I even ate spoonfuls of it right out of the can. Mmm. I wanted cheesecake, but didn't have enough cream cheese. So, I improvised with this No-bake Pumpkin cheesecake pudding pie type of deal. It's oh so good. So, here's what I did:

First, I crushed one package of graham crackers in my food processor.
Added about 1/2 stick (give or take) of melted butter to that.
Pressed into a spring form pan (but any pan will do, square, round, pie, etc.)
Baked for about 10 mins at 350 (I don't like my crusts to get mushy)

I then used two packages of vanilla pudding (instant) and beat with only 2 cups per milk mixed in, following the rest of the directions on the box. The box calls for 2 cups each box, but adding in 4 cups of milk plus the other ingredients would have only made it too runny.

In a separate bowl I beat a softened box of cream cheese, then added 1 can of pumpkin to that.
Folded in about 1 cup and then a little more of cool whip (hey it's all I had left in the freezer).
Then mixed all those ingredients together with some pumpkin pie spices (for me it's ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg) and then with the pudding.

Then poured onto the crust, and refrigerated until firm(er). I also threw this in the freezer for an hour to see how it would be that way. I preferred the creamy one in the fridge as opposed to the ice cream tasting freezer one.

Then Kian and I have proceeded to eat it every night. Yum. That's all I can say.


No comments: