Citrus Herb Tilapia

We're trying to eat more fish. Omega3 and all that. Plus I'm just over over-drugged and over-hormoned beef. But, I'm not a big fish eater or maker. So, that leaves me to searching online for recipes. (I also like the Wegmans Menu magazine, and have done so many of those, so I had to pass on their more recent fish one.) I also need something dairy and egg free. I found a recipe for Herb Citrus something Tilapia. But, it had eggs and flour and all this other stuff. So, I do what I do best, interpreted and revised and devised and adjusted and changed it up. It was delicious! Karter and Kian ate a whole piece each! I loved how the citrus took away from the "fishy" taste--and yes, I know that tilapia doesn't have as much of a 'fishy' taste as some others.

Without further ado--

Zest from 1-2 Oranges (or mix of lemons and oranges-I only had oranges)
*I only used zest from one, but 2 would have coated both sides better, still tasty.
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2-1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic salt (if u use granulated, use a bit more)

*I didn't really measure, only by eye, since I was shaking the herbs out, not into a spoon. If you add more zest or more fillets, then definitely double up on the spices.

I started by salt and peppering the fillets (4) on both sides.
Then, I mixed the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and just spread them on the tops of the fillets. Here's where I noticed, probably zest from 2 oranges would mean you could cover the backs as well.
I placed them in a pan with some olive oil on the bottom.
Broil for about 15 mins. Voila! Dinner is served! (With roasted asparagus too!)

And laughing that blogger spellcheck doesn't know what tilapia is...

And this would probably be just as delicious on chicken too!

No comments: