More conversations with Kian

Tonight, as Kian went to bed, Karter woke up and was crying. I rocked him for a few minutes and Kian was singing him lullabies to calm him. It was very sweet, but his lyrics were making me giggle.
"Hush little baby don't cry, mama's gonna buy you a rocking...chair. If that rocking chair breaks, mama's gonna buy you a baby break, and if that baby break gets broken, mama's gonna buy you a crystal ice shell. If that crystal ice shell breaks, mama's gonna...hush, don't cry, don't cry, cry..."

and-
"Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Karter baby, don't you cry, you're a good baby, such a good baby, you're the best baby." Love when he's so sweet to his brother.

Kian also really wants a "cow" bunny from Country Max. It's black and white, large spots and it really does look like a cow pattern. Friendly, little critter too. But, we can't just keep adding more pets. Kevin always gives Kian the reasoning "if we got rid of your dog, you could have a bunny" because he gets super annoyed at Finn a lot (although tonight took him out for a walk on his own...hmmm). So, now when Finn runs away or doesn't come right back into the house after being let out to potty, Kian stands at the window, shrugs his shoulders and says "Well, I guess he got rid of hisself so I can have a bunny from Country Max." Funniest thing ever.

Talking about his birthday party (first he wants a pirate party, then a dinosaur party, poor kid just can't make up his mind, good thing he has 2 months left) I asked him who he wanted to invite. He named a couple kids, then I asked 'who else?" He says "Korbin!" Yep, Korbin, my sister's puppy. The closest thing to a cousin he'll ever have on my side for awhile. She later texted me a picture of Korbin with his party hat on. Woof!


No comments: